Pinoy Recipe Cassava Cake Ingredients:
- 2 packs frozen grated cassava, thawed (kamoteng kahoy)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (reserve 1/3 cup for topping)
- 1 can evaporated milk (reserve 1/3 cup for topping)
- 1 can coconut cream (reserve 1/3 cup for topping)
- 3 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sweetened coconut strings (macapuno strings)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup reserved sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup reserved evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup reserved coconut cream
Pinoy Recipe Cassava Cake Procedures:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In large mixing bowl beat the eggs.
3. Then add the remaining cake ingredients. Mix well.
4. Pour into a baking dish and bake until the top is no longer liquid. (approx 30-40 minutes)
5. Mix topping ingredients and pour on top of the cake.
6. Bake for another 20 minutes.
7. Switch the oven’s broiler (low) on and bake under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until the top of the cake is browned.
8. Serve warm or cold as a dessert.